Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Most Quoted Words in the Old Testament

I've been told that the these words from Exodus 34:6-7 are the most quoted words in the Old Testament by The Old Testament. No wonder! These words are indeed God's own expression of His indescribable love towards His people. Reminding God over and over of "Who He said He is" and "how great He has defined His own love for us to be" surely gives us hope:

"I am the LORD, I am the LORD, the merciful and gracious God. I am slow to anger and rich in unfailing love and faithfulness. I show this unfailing love to many thousands by forgiving every kind of sin and rebellion. -- Exodus 34:6-7 (NLT)

IF MY PEOPLE... WILL? I WILL! God's Promise in 2 Chron. 7:14.
Grateful

3 comments:

KLW said...

Five Expressions of God's Nature
1. A God merciful and gracious
2. Slow to anger,
3. Abounding in steadfast love and faithfulness,
4. Keeping steadfast love for thousands,
5. Forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin.

John Piper

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

No wonder we WORSHIP HIM!

Martin LaBar said...

Interesting. I wonder what part of the New Testament is most quoted in the New Testament? Something from a gospel, surely.