Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Save Us. Gave Us. Not Enslave Us.

Yesterday, I was driving home from work in my Ford. I was of course rejoicing as Christmas Music was loudly ricocheting throughout the cab. It is December, after all, and yes, my radio is locked in on a local radio station that plays nonstop Christmas tunes between Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.

Anyway, as I drove, a celebrative-overflowing-with-joy Holy Day song came on the radio. It was a song that I have never heard. I mean I have heard parts of it, it's a take off of "Mary's Boy Child", but the conclusion of the song was a brand new arrangement to my ears and the newly added words -- along with the uplifting, Caribbean-sounding, Calypso-style music beat it was sung to --combined to offer spiritual strength to my seeking soul.

I did my best to write the closing words down on a sticky note. Here's what I heard:

Oh my Lord...
You sent Your Son to SAVE us.
Oh my Lord...
Your very Self You GAVE us.
Oh my Lord...
That sin might NOT ENSLAVE us!
And Love might reign once more.

REJOICE WITH ME! THE WORDS OF THE SONG ARE ALL TRUE!

ALL. JOY TO YOUR WORLD!
Grateful

4 comments:

pastor paul said...

"ricocheting"......Jesus'love to others!

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

Let's receive His Love and give it to others for sure.

James Spruill said...

The message of Christmas is indeed GOOD NEWS
Thanks for sharing your heart with us.

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

So glad to get comments from others. I love Christ, Christmas and you guys. Peace to your hearts!