Saturday, December 26, 2009

Just Breathe

For me, the most wonderful 24 hours of each year's calendar happens between midnight Christmas Eve, December 24, and midnight Christmas Day, December 25. It's true. For as long as I can remember, the most holy, predictable moments in my life have miraculously transpired like clockwork each and every year on that one Divine Day of the year that we officially celebrate the birth of our Lord Jesus. It's a holy high-water mark on planet earth for my eternal soul.

And that's why I was still awake in our living room at 1:30 a.m. on December 26, not wanting Christmas Day 2009 to slip away (even though in reality it already had). Sitting in the glow of our Christmas tree with Christmas music still playing softly in the atmosphere, I finally decided to just breathe this prayer: Lord, please keep Christmas alive in me for these next 364 days.. and beyond.

ALL... JOY TO YOUR WORLD!
Grateful

4 comments:

James Spruill said...

Amen Lord! Keep the child in us alive and may the Light of Christmas shine in our lives every day. Thank you, for friends like Kerry.

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

"Christ in you the hope of glory!" Col. 1:27b. Thanks for your inspiring participation in my life, James.

Anonymous said...

Perhaps today is the real birthday of Jesus. Celebrate again! When we get to Heaven, won't it be funny if we find out we missed it by two days? But I suspect Heaven agrees with your perspective, and celebrates it 365 days a year.

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

Good thoughts Mark. We will indeed Celebrate Jesus forever and today! ALL JOY!