Thursday, December 10, 2009

Right? Wrong! Words from a Wise Man...

My nearly 70-year-old, shrimp-boat-captain Daddy and I were taking a walk near our native, island home last week and let me just say, it was a sacred stroll for his not-too-far-from-50-year-old son. My Daddy is proof to me that Wise Men still seek the Lord. Anyway, just before our walk ended my Daddy made a simple but profound statement. I've been soaking in his wise words for nearly a week now. So, here are a Daddy's loving words to his ears-wide-open, listening son just in case you'd like to eavesdrop:

A man who thinks he's never wrong, is never right. -- Capt. Billy

Proverbs 3:7 (NLT) -- Don’t be impressed with your own wisdom. Instead, fear the LORD and turn your back on evil.

ALL... JOY TO YOUR WORLD!
Grateful

2 comments:

Martin LaBar said...

Never right. True.

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

"Never in right relationship," my dad probably was getting at. Which is all that really matters finally, anyway, heh? Thanks Martin. Merry Christmas.