Monday, January 23, 2023

Sins… Sin.

"Sins can be forgiven because they are acts against God, nevertheless, Sin cannot be forgiven. Sin is not about wrong deeds or acts, Sin is about a wrong disposition or attitude. Sin, itself, must be purified by God’s amazing grace. Sin is self-centered ego and cannot be forgiven, only cleansed. The essence of Sin is best understood as me holding onto the ownership of my own life. If Sin is to go, i must surrender my life entirely to Holy God, and by faith believe that as i willingly give up my heredity, He will wondrously give to me His Holiness. -kww 

"My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me." Galatians‬ ‭2‬:‭20‬ ‭NLT

"Unless we deny ourselves, we will never become disciples of Jesus." -kww

"Then Jesus said to his disciples, "Whoever wants to be My disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow Me. For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for Me will find it." Matthew‬ ‭16‬:‭24‬-‭25‬ ‭NIV

Chambers says "giving up our right to rule our lives (surrendering self-centered ego) over to Jesus is where true discipleship takes hold."

P.S. Self-centered ego is the old man that must be crucified. Paul talks about this. Turning from sins, the acts, is much easier than handing over the mastery of our lives to Jesus. Sin is two-fold -- wrongful deeds are forgiven while the wrongful disposition must die… be cleansed.

Deo Volente -- as God desires. 

Pastor Kerry Willis

No comments: