Tuesday, June 14, 2011

I Have Been Young. Now I Am Older.

I turned 50-years-old on June 12, 2011, Pentecost Sunday. I have been young and now I am older, and what amazes me most is the faithfulness of my Father God day-by-day over the years.

Yesterday I sent this message to a dear friend, whose faith is presently on trial: God knows. God cares. God provides.

My friend sent back this message in reply: I believe it. God has never let me down.

Then I sent back to my friend this verse of Scripture:
I have been young, and now I am old,
but I have never seen a righteous person abandoned
or his descendants begging for food.

-- Psalm 37:25 (GWT)

By Faith! In Faith! (Hebrews 11)
Grateful

4 comments:

James Spruill said...

Happy Birthday my brother!! I am thankful to know you. Your life is a big blessing to me. May our Lord grant you many more years. Much Love. jfs

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

I am so grateful for Father God for the Gift of His Son and His Spirit in my life. I feel more ALIVE in my soul than ever in my LIFE!

Mark Spruill said...

I'm a year ahead of you. Sometimes I get depressed about arms, legs, eyes, etc. that don't work as well as they used to. Then I see a young child in a wheel chair . . . I feel guilty to complain about not being able to run as fast or as long as I used to. It seems so trivial compared to someone who may spend a lifetime without ever being able to even stand.

Almost 51 and exceedingly blessed,

Mark

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

Running right behind you brother... thanks for scoping out the year ahead of me... 50 chasing 51. :-)