Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Be Present in the Present!

Yesterday was mine but now it is God's. Tomorrow is God's but will one day be mine. Today is God's gift to me. That's why it's called "the present".

But don't just take my words for it. Hear the words of Jesus recorded in Matthew 6:34 (TLB) -- So don’t be anxious about tomorrow. God will take care of your tomorrow too. Live one day at a time.

Lord, help me to stay out of the two days that belong only to You -- yesterday and tomorrow. Give me a focused faith that causes me to be present in the present. Instead of worrying over yesterday and wondering about tomorrow, help me to be all about worshipping You in Spirit and in Truth today. I want to be found in your presence in the present. In Jesus' name. Amen.

IF MY PEOPLE... WILL? I WILL! God's Promise in 2 Chron. 7:14.
Grateful

7 comments:

Marcus O'Malley said...

The part about the past reminded me of the bath of Bethesda. Jesus asks the man in John 5:6 "Do you want to get well?" The man is so stuck in his sorrow and the past Jesus doesn't know if he's even willing to release himself from it. There was a fantastic song regarding that situation in Afrikaans - one of the church favorites. The gist is that the road is long so get up from the bath and get moving...

Also this past Sunday at FCC the Pastor pointed out how Pharoah when asked by Moses when should he call off the plague of frogs? Pharoah replied tomorrow. Why wouldn't he say RIGHT NOW - i'm tired of frogs in my bed, my food, destroying my crops, etc.

Incredible how often we miss opportunities for today!

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

Wonderful commentary Marcus. Thanks for the investment of your life in mine.

pastor paul said...

Living the "vapor" James speaks of. It's here for a little while.

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

Our earthly life is fragile. His eternal life is forever.

James Spruill said...

Me too!!

Anonymous said...

I like that. I spend WAY too much time worrying about tomorrow or regretting yeasterday.

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

Amen. Me too.