Sunday, June 14, 2020

["Lord Forgive Me!"] -- If Christians Sin...

“You are my dear children, and I write these things to you so that you won’t sin. But if anyone does sin, we continually have a forgiving Redeemer who is face-to-face with the Father: Jesus Christ, the Righteous One.” ‭‭1 John‬ ‭2:1‬ ‭TPT‬‬

When my dear brother, Billy Joe, was a young boy, maybe 8 to 12 years old, he had such a spiritual consciousness about him that was unusual yet beautiful towards God. Whenever he thought something wrong or said something wrong or did something wrong, immediately he would blurt out loud "Lord forgive me!" Often, people made fun of this expression, nevertheless, I believe the heart of God was tenderly moved each time he said his phrase aloud. And he said "Lord forgive me" a lot.

He is a pastor now of a church in Tennessee. This morning I watched him online share a devotional talking about how our Lord is the friend who sticks closer than a brother. It moved my heart deeply. He is obviously close to Christ these days and I have to believe that his tender heart as a young boy helped to lead him to where he is now.

Oswald Chambers wrote these applicable words: 

"The question is often asked, ‘Can a Christian commit a sin?’ Certainly. It’s possible. But the sin must be immediately confessed and forgiven; for if a Christian allows that act of sin to remain unresolved, it will lead to the condition of backsliding. An unrepentant Christian perverts all the ways of God and hews out a way for himself or herself. The backslidings of a Christian must be healed and be restored, or else the soul will be lost."

Thanks Billy Joe and Oswald for pointing me to an ongoing, right relationship with God. 

Hope Happens HERE!

Presence Matters Most!

No Invisible People! UNITY!

Pastor Kerry Willis

No comments: