Friday, June 12, 2020

June 12, 2020, Nearly 6 Decades on Planet Earth for Yours Truly

On June 12, 1961, i took my first earthly breath at Sea Level Hospital on the coast of North Carolina. i was the firstborn of Melba and Billy Willis. i have been blessed beyond measure ever sense.

Last night before falling asleep, i asked my wife of almost 40 years: "How long do you think i will continue to breathe?" She doesn’t like questions like that, nevertheless, i tend to think aloud so she had no choice but to hear it. 

After asking that question aloud, i repeated a verse of Scripture that i also say aloud often:

Psalm 90:12 -- "Teach [us] me to number my days..."

It’s early morning on my 59th birthday now and i have already heard God’s voice through a dear friend who texted me very early on. my friend spoke of faithfulness. i cried good tears along the path i was walking and replied to my friend with words akin to these:

"God has been so very faithful to me all of my years. Pray that i will prove faithful to Him til the end!" 

With God’s grace and because of His mercy, i am optimistic that it will happen and my ultimate gift will be received, yes, hearing my Jesus say: "Well done good and faithful servant" as i take my final earthly breath and breathe my first forever breath in Eternity.

I’m glad for my birthday today and i am anticipating that first forever day as well. 

Hope Happens HERE!

Presence Matters Most!

No Invisible People! UNITY!

Pastor Kerry Willis 

No comments: