Thursday, December 26, 2019

Sounds Like New Good News 

Lyrics in Christmas carols are some of the best good news words we have. Every year it seems an old Christmas carol somehow sounds like new good news to me. It happened again this year. 

Here’s the song lyrics below, and the words that touched me most deeply are written in all caps. (I heard an acoustic band singing the words of this old Christmas carol and it really resonated with my never-dying soul and caused me inward rejoicing.)

"God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen"

God rest ye merry gentlemen

Let nothing you dismay.

Remember, Christ our Savior

Was born on Christmas Day

TO SAVE US ALL FROM SATAN’S POWER

WHEN WE WERE GONE ASTRAY

Oh tidings of comfort and joy

Comfort and joy

Oh tidings of comfort and joy

Presence Matters Most! No Invisible People.

UNITY!

Pastor Kerry Willis 


No comments: