Sunday, December 1, 2019

Go Tell 

Occasionally, at Christmastime, I will hear an old Christmas carol being sung and suddenly -- seemingly out of nowhere -- someone will sing a "new" verse that I have never heard before. That’s already been my reality this Advent Season.

As we were driving between Baltimore and Philadelphia on Advent Eve, November 30, we were listening to a radio station that was playing Christmas carols. An old, familiar, holy day song came on the air, "Go Tell it On the Mountain." Yet, the final verse in this particular rendition rang out as brand "new" to my ears and it touched my heart deeply. 

Here are the lyrics of the final verse:

"He made me a watchman

Upon the city wall.

And if I am a Christian

I am the least of all.

Go tell it on the mountain

Over the hills and everywhere.

Go tell it on the mountain

That Jesus Christ is born."

What a powerful message to my own life. Glad to finally hear the final verse of that old classic Christmas carol. Makes me want to go tell the old story in a new way!

And here’s the link to that exact recording that played on the radio at Shine FM. It’s my newest favorite arrangement of an old Christmas carol. Yay! 

https://youtu.be/XQWB24ypn88

Presence Matters Most! No Invisible People!

UNITY!

Pastor Kerry Willis 

No comments: