Friday, July 26, 2019

Many Thoughts 

Many thoughts come into our minds as Jesus-believers. The Holy Spirit is present to help us take these many thoughts captive. That’s Good News! (2 Corinthians 10:5)

Our son, Grayson, prays this prayer from time-to-time. He says I taught it to him but his wording is much more wonderful than mine. He prays: "Take over my thoughts, Lord, so I won’t have to worry about what I’m thinking about." I love that. 

He may have paraphrased a couple of my prayers over the years: 1. "Lord, most of all I desire the mind of Christ." And 2. "Lord, give me the desires of my heart only if they are one with the desires of Your heart."

Yes, many thoughts come our way. Some are pure and beautiful, while others are temptations and burdensome. Some come almost like prayers, while others try to load us done with cares. 

Speaking of cares, let’s cast all our cares (and thoughts) on Him, for He cares for us. (1 Peter 5:7 remix) Let’s surrender our temporary thoughts for His eternal thoughts. 

Presence Matters Most! No Invisible People!

UNITY!

Pastor Kerry Willis  

No comments: