Friday, July 19, 2019

July 19

On this day, July 19, in 1940, my dear Daddy, Capt. Billy Cameron Willis, was born to Margery and Gray Willis on Harkers Island, North Carolina. Had he not departed for Heaven on November 17, 2014, he would have turned 79-years-old.

I miss him. But I am so glad He completed His voyage to victory and is even now in the undeniable and unprecedented Presence of The Lord.

In 2 Corinthians 5:8, The Apostle Paul penned this peace-filled promise for all Jesus-believers: “To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord!” Praise God!

Today, for reasons I cannot yet convey, I thank my Daddy for departing this world and leaving no doubt where He was going. That to me is the greatest gift he ever gave his family. On his deathbed he assured us that he was not afraid to die and told us all to make sure we don’t miss Heaven’s reunion. 

Thanks Daddy and Happy Birthday. Pray for our safe and sure passage to Where you are. 

Presence Matters Most! No Invisible People!

UNITY!

Pastor Kerry Willis 

No comments: