Monday, July 15, 2019

Full Fish Nets Vs. Lined Church Altars 

When I first sensed God’s call to preach, my Jesuslike, fisherman Dad was among the first I told. The essence of his reply was: "Son, full fish nets cannot compare to lined church altars." 

Aboard my Dad’s fishing trawler, I had witnessed the joy of large catches of seafood, however, Dad wanted me to know that the deep joy of my God-calling would be so much more wonderful than the occupation of our family. Harvesting souls would be much greater than harvesting the sea. 

Over my ministry, I have experienced Dad’s comment to be so true and it never gets old. Yesterday, after I preached at Pleasant Ridge Campmeeting in the hills of Pennsylvania, I opened the altars and they quickly lined with broken seekers. I am humbled and grateful. 

I also remember Dad’s follow-up comment: "Son, you’re going to be the first REAL fisherman in our family -- a fisher of souls." 

Humbled. Grateful. 

Presence Matters Most!  No Invisible People!

UNITY!

Pastor Kerry Willis 

No comments: