Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Christmas Grave Blankets

Cultures and traditions are different everywhere, that’s for sure. And while I have lived some 57-plus years on the planet, still today, I saw a roadside sign in New Jersey that said: “Grave Blankets!” That was a brand new concept for me. 

On my way back to Cape May, I made a u-turn and rolled down my window and said to the kind lady at the roadside stand: “I’m not from these parts. Please tell me; what are grave blankets?” She was kind and explained “grave blankets” in this context are Christmas flower arrangements to decorate the grave of someone you miss at Christmastine. So, I purchased two of her artistic pieces for my Mom and I to take to my Daddy’s grave in a few days when I visit my native Harkers Island, North Carolina. 

My heart was warmed as I pulled back onto the highway. So glad my curiosity turned me around, because the new information surely turned to new inspiration in my soul. But, heh, that’s the Christmas Season, right?! Don’t miss Christmas this year! 


Roadside sign that caught my attention


A Christmas Cross, Daddy would love it!


And this grave blanket surely warmed my own heart. 

Presence Matters Most!
That is... Presence. Unity. Souls. Love. 

Pastor Kerry Willis 





No comments: