Thursday, February 2, 2017

Love You Need You

My friend, Ed, went to be with the Lord in 2016. His sickness came upon him rather quickly and just a few months later his life's work had ended. 

Once Ed got his cancer diagnosis, his messages to me always ended with the same four words: "Love you, need you!" 

Ed was what most people might see as an independent man. Nevertheless, he knew he was not an island, as he made his need for connection with others vulnerably obvious. 

Today, as I think about Ed and his four words of confession, I remember how Ed knew he needed God as well. Yes, today, I find myself saying especially to Jesus: "Love You, Need You!" 

The hymnwriter wrote the truth: "Lord, I Need Thee Every Hour!" 

(Click link for Matt Maher's song of worship along these same lines:)


"Worship Only God!" Rev. 22:9 NLT

Grateful  

  

No comments: