Thursday, February 23, 2017

IN UNITY! Let's Light Our World!

IN UNITY!
Let’s Light Our World


          If I could only have one chapter from the entire Word of God, I would choose John 17. In John 14, 15, and 16, as our Lord Jesus was hearing the drumbeat calling Him to the Hill call Mount Calvary, He was trying to get those who would be His fully devoted followers to understand what His last will and testament was for them, for us. In John 17, His trying gives way to His crying. Yes, in John 17, Jesus quits telling human beings what He wants for them and starts praying to His Father to close the deal.
            So, we come to the part in the prayer where the desires of Jesus really seem to crystallize on our behalf – John 17:21. Here’s His prayer: The goal is for all of them to become one heart and mind— Just as you, Father, are in me and I in you, So they might be one heart and mind with us. Then the world might believe that you, in fact, sent me.
            In Matthew 5, Jesus was sharing His Sermon on the Mount. Here’s a portion of what He said to us: You’re here to be light, bringing out the God-colors in the world. God is not a secret to be kept. We’re going public with this, as public as a city on a hill. If I make you light-bearers, you don’t think I’m going to hide you under a bucket, do you? I’m putting you on a light stand. Now that I’ve put you there on a hilltop, on a light stand—shine! Keep open house; be generous with your lives. By opening up to others, you’ll prompt people to open up with God, this generous Father in heaven.

            When I consider the words of Jesus in John 17 & Matthew 5, it seems clear to me that the way we become the light of the world is by being one in the Spirit. Yes, UNITY is the fuel that causes us to be a beacon of hope in the Shenandoah Valley and beyond. Together, let’s continue to be an answer to the prayer Jesus prayed and the sermon He preached. Together, let’s Raise Praise and light our world with His Love.  

(Newsletter to local church originally written 1/2008, Pastor Kerry)

"Worship Only God!" Rev. 22:9 NLT

Grateful

No comments: