Saturday, July 16, 2016

"Everything New"

My wife and I enjoy frequenting antique shops. It's truly a wonderful way to spend time together and it only cost money if we find something we "must" purchase, which seems to be under control. :)

Anyway, one deep lesson I've learned visiting antique shops is the sobering reality of the brevity of earthly life. To see and even to hold old items, realizing that just a few years ago people were cherishing these things and now they have entered Eternity? Well, it is an overwhelming idea to think about. Good for the soul. 

Recently, as we were antiquing on my day off, an old Chevrolet automobile sat at the entrance of the antique store. It drew me in for a photograph or two.After viewing the photographs a Scripture passage/promise that Jesus spoke in Revelation 21, dealing with His promise to "make everything new" again, came suddenly and gloriously into my mind. 

(Click below first on the image for a full-frame view of the old car and then click again on the type below the image for a full-frame rendering of the verse.)



"...and i wait." Psalm 5:3 GW

Grateful 


No comments: