Thursday, July 28, 2016

Do You Pray for Your Pastor? I Pray You Do.

Do you pray for your pastor? I pray you do. Today, Brother David Gilbert, a dear praying brother in our local church who calls me "pastor" prayed this prayer over me and let me eavesdrop by sending it also to me by email. 

I so depend on the faithful and fervent prayers of God's people on my behalf and am so very grateful to be remembered in such a sacred way before The Throne of Holy God. 

Here's the prayer: 

"Father, bless our pastor with rest on every side. Guard his heart and mind and cloak him in Your peace. Clear the way today for him to carry out Your plans for our faith community with no prevailing interference from the enemy. I ask in Jesus’ name that the forces of darkness that come against him would be pushed back.

Let him take hold of the harvest that your Spirit is bringing forth for the Kingdom of heaven through our faith community. Thank you, Lord, that each time the enemy comes in like a flood, Your Spirit will lift up a standard against him and put him to flight!  I thank you for TOTAL victory for our pastor and for our church and I ask You Lord Jesus to meet his every need. Thank you that You are mighty to save and able to overcome and defeat every attempt of the enemy that might tempt him to lose heart! Hallelujah!

Give our Pastor endurance and encouragement and clear guidance by your Spirit for every decision required of him. May the anointing of the Holy Spirit be upon him. Revive his heart with Your Word Father. May his love for You increase and compassion and love for his flock flourish and grow. Strengthen him with Your joy this day and may he be encouraged by the Holy Spirit and be reminded of the spiritual sons and daughters that are his.

Give him wisdom that is from heaven I pray. Wisdom that is pure, peace loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. Protect him from the evil one and from being entrapped by the fear of man. Pour out Your blessing on him Father and may Jesus be seen in him more and more, and the work of his hands firmly established. I ask these things in the lovely name of Him who is head of the Church, and I give You sincere thanks Lord Jesus for your dear servant and under-shepherd. Amen."

(Click below to see an image of the Shenandoah Valley sunset I captured last evening. I call it "Wildfire" after the old song about a horse by the same name. :) 



"...and i wait." Psalm 5:3 GW

Grateful 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for beautiful words and photo