Saturday, November 9, 2013

My Soul is Sad, My Heart is Heavy

Based on the message topic The Lord is having me to preach this coming Sunday, my soul is sad and my heart is heavy.

That's one reason why I often refer to the preacher's responsibility in three words: "The Glorious Burden".

This Old Testament passage ties to my troubled heart as I consider how a ripe harvest of eternal souls is still in the fields, threatened to be lost if the season of today is not seen and seized:

"Sorrow has overwhelmed me. I am sick at heart! The cry from my dear people comes from a distant land: 'Isn’t the Lord in Zion? Isn’t Zion’s king still there?' They make me furious with their idols, with their foreign gods. The harvest is past, the summer has ended, and we haven’t been saved. I am crushed because my dear people have been crushed. I mourn; terror grips me."
 -- Jeremiah 8:18-21 (GWT)

Pray for the Harvest and for Harvesters before it's TOO LATE!

Grateful 


No comments: