Monday, November 18, 2013

Jesus Will See Us Safely Home

Back in the 1980s, this song helped get me through many storm-tossed days of doubt. The lyrics still help me today:

"He didn't bring us this far to leave us.
He didn't teach us to swim to let us drown.
He didn't build His home in us to move away.
He didn't lift us up to let us down.

There are some promises in a letter,
Written a long, long time ago.
They're not getting older, they're getting better.
Because He still wants us to know...

He didn't bring us this far to leave us.
He didn't teach us to swim to let us drown.
He didn't build His home in us to move away.
He didn't lift us up to let us down (to let us down, let us down).
He didn't lift us up to let us down.

I read those promises in His letter,
And now I claim them for my own.
Filling my heart and making life better
And I just wanted you to know.

Never use the word defeat.
Claim His promises, every one of them.
And every spoken word He'll hear,
Because we're everything to Him.

He didn't lift us up to let us down."

The Master of the Sea, Jesus, will see us safely Home.

Grateful 

2 comments:

KLW said...

God promises to never leave us in the midst of challenging circumstances. The greatest intimate moments I’ve had with God have been during seasons of great pain. Jesus was the only One I felt safe enough to talk to or confide in, and He’s safe. Also, Jesus doesn’t mind our tears! He isn’t put off by brokenness, pain, or the hurting. He’s not too busy or too important in His own eyes to reach low to raise us up high.

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

What a wonderful Saviour we have!