Sunday, October 7, 2012

Yours Truly... Humbled

Today, the pastors of our local church (including "yours truly") were showered with appreciation that was truly over-the-top touching. I always sign my blog posts "Grateful". Today, another word seems even more appropriate...

Humbled

I just read through many cards. One precious church member wrote,"Please never leave our church. We would surely be lost without your leadership."

Talk about "touching". I am humbled, indeed! Yet, I am keenly and confidently aware that while they might find themselves at a temporary loss if and when God ordains my departure, the local church would still be ultimately led by the True Shepherd Who laid down His Life to find His lost flock -- Jesus. After all, His name is on the sign -- Church of THE NAZARENE.

Read John, chapter 10.

Yours Truly... Humbled.

No comments: