Tuesday, October 30, 2012

In the Aftermath of the Mega-Storm? Pray!

Let us be in prayer today following the aftermath of the Mega-storm named "Sandy" that hit the east coast of the United States last evening. The storm surge in lower Manhattan, New York City, produced the highest tide there since the year 1821.

Our daughter and her husband who live in a 5th floor apartment in lower Manhattan just contacted us a few minutes ago to say the high water is beginning to recede and except for a loss of electricity they are fine. In her words, "It's less scary now."

Devastation will be assessed in many of the north eastern states as the day unfolds. Loss of life is already being reported. Also, the stubborn storm is still wreaking havoc as it continues to move inland. Especially, those in low-lying regions are experiencing hardship unique to their own experiences. Let us pray for those who await rescue and for those who will arrive to rescue.

This song link pasted below by Kathryn Scott is on my heart this morning. Maybe some in the wake of this severe weather will listen and be encouraged and know that they are loved and there is Hope..

Click here: I Belong - Kathryn Scott - YouTube

Please, Lord have mercy... and speak to us "Peace be still."
Grateful

5 comments:

KLW said...

“Perhaps we should pray as Jesus taught us, praying that the Father’s will would be done, that all persons would be spared harm, and that Christians would respond in the aftermath of disaster with a clear Christian witness of care, assistance, and witness. We should pray that any ‘natural’ disaster would be an opportunity for Christian witness to the supernatural Gospel, and for Christian reflection on the beauty of the Savior.”

Dr. Albert Mohler

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

My thoughts exactly Brother Keith. Been praying that with you without knowing it. God bless your heart. You are in my prayers as well.

KLW said...

Mat 18:19 Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 18:20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

I count at least two. Pastor Kerry & myself.

Unknown said...

Lord I affirm the prayers prayed by brother Kevin, and Kerry. Be with all those affected and responding to hurricane sandy. May you be there in their midst. Be the hand in their glove!

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

The Lord hears and cares. Thanks for joining me in my prayers.