Friday, October 12, 2012

No Matter What I May Lose, I Choose...

A few days ago, a young lady in our local church who loves the Lord with all of her heart sent me this as her "verse for the day":
 
The crucible is for refining silver and the smelter for gold,
but the One Who purifies hearts by fire is the Lord.
-- Proverbs 17:3 (GWT)

After reading the verse this classic song by Steve Green came immediately to my mind. It was a theme song of sorts for me personally back in 1987 as I willingly surrendered my all to my Almighty God:

 
No matter what I may lose, I choose... the Refiner's fire.
Grateful

4 comments:

KLW said...

Father, like the Psalmist, I pray that You will teach me Your way and that I will walk in Your truth. Give me a pure, undivided heart that I may fear Your name. When I’m tempted to compromise my faith help me to remember that You want a pure heart, one that is not trying to serve both God and man. I want Your favor more than the approval of others, so help me to stay true to Your principles and reject that which contradicts or lessens the full meaning of Your spoken truths. In Jesus name I pray

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

I agree with Brother Keith's prayer, Lord. Make me one with You, Lord, make me one. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Unknown said...

Lord I affirm this prayer

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

Amen and Amen.