Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Lostness?

I awoke early this morning in tears. Not because I had to get up early, but because I awoke from a heart-wrenching dream.

In the dream, my own son had become separated from our men's group in a large, confusing city and though I kept calling him on my cell phone there was no answer from his end. The group of men eventually all returned to one place but my son did not. Hope was vanishing quickly. My heart was so broken as I imagined all kinds of scenarios for my lost loved one.

Then I heard my cell phone ringing. It was the personal ringtone I have set for my son's incoming calls. I answered the phone on the first ring. The dream was over. I was awake in my bed and holding my cell phone. Yes, my son's ringtone is the same ringtone I have set for my cell phone alarm clock.

I got up out of bed and headed across the dark room towards the shower. I wept silently and asked the Lord, "Why do I have such dreams?" He didn't answer me immediately but a few moments later He did. It seemed He tenderly whispered this response to me:

"Kerry, since you have prayed and given Me permission to break your heart for what breaks Mine, I allowed your heart to be broken in a dream. Now you know more about how broken My heart is over the lostness of all of the precious sons and daughters I died to bring back Home to Me. They are in a state of confusing lostness. Though I keep calling them, they do not answer my calls from their end. Now you know more deeply how badly My heart is broken because I want My loved ones back in My family."

"Yes, Lord, I know," I sobbed. "How broken Your Holy heart must be."

As I turned on the shower,the pains of confusing lostness pierced into the depths of my broken heart like never before.

The Son came to seek and to save... The Father's lost sons and daughters.
Grateful

P.S. My son loves the Lord with all of his heart. We hugged each other just a few minutes ago.

2 comments:

Kris said...

Wow brother how profound. May God minister to you and through you as you seek after Him. Thanks for being sensitive to the leading of the Holy Spirit. love and blessings kp

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

God is awesome.