Sunday, September 2, 2012

Your Eternal Joy, My Temporary Fears

Just a thought...

Whenever I enter into the griefs, pains, sighs, and stresses of other Jesus-believers, I almost always emerge with my own burdens undeniably lightened. Within the community of spiritual suffering, God's holy, eternal perspective somehow correctly focuses the lens of my life so that I can view my temporary fears and concerns as just that, temporary.

Lord, don't let Your eternal joy escape my life when my temporary fears threaten to steal it. In Jesus' name. Amen.

What joy awaits both the planter and the harvester alike!
-- Words of Jesus in John 4:36b (NLT)

Holiness Unto The LORD!
Grateful

4 comments:

Kris said...

Amen brother. May the peace of Christ be with you. Philippians 4 comes to mind and helps me to keep some perspective on the trials of life. God is so good to send us those to continue to encourage us when we are discouraged. You are one of those for me. Thanks and may Heaven's peace be with you as you rest in His presence.
Love kp

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

Bless you brother. May rivers of God's love flow to and through your life. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Unknown said...

Yes lord, I affirm all these prayers!

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

Bless you Brother Billy.