Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Something Happened Inside Me

Oswald Chambers, the author of My Utmost For His Highest, was a strong Bible teacher of the experience referred to as baptism of the Holy Spirit. He testified, “ Dr. F. B. Meyer came and spoke to us about the Holy Spirit. I determined to have all that was going and went to my room and asked God simply and definitely for His Holy Spirit, whatever that meant. Four years later God spoke to me through His Word: Luke 11:13 got hold of me….it was borne in upon me that I had to claim the gift from God on authority of Jesus Christ … this I did in dogged committal. I had no vision of heaven nor of angels …..but like a flash something happened inside me …the days that followed have truly been heaven on earth. Glory be to God- the last aching abyss of the human heart is filled to overflowing with the love of God. The power and tyranny of sin is gone and the radiant, unspeakable emancipation of the indwelling Christ has come."

"Even though you’re evil, you know how to give good gifts to your children. So how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him?"
-- Luke 11:13 (GWT)

If you ask and believe, you shall actually receive...
Grateful

4 comments:

Kris said...

Wow what a profound truth by OC. How many of us hunger for God and want the full measure of the Holy Spirit working through us? We ask in faith as little children before our Heavenly Father and keep asking until He comes. My prayer is that I will have that same tenancity to keep on asking for more of God.

Mark said...

It's at least one prayer we KNOW we can pray within God's will and in Jesus name!

Unknown said...

Romans 6 in Gods Word Translation really impressed this baptism upon my heart this morning.
v 3 "Don't you know that all of us who were baptized in to Christ Jesus were baptized into His death?
v 11 "So consider yourselves dead to sin's power but living for God in the power Christ Jesus gives you."
v 19 "...This leads you to live holy lives."
Holiness unto the Lord

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

AMEN! AMEN! AMEN!