Thursday, July 22, 2010

When We Rest...

It has been suggested:
"When we rest, God works!
When we work, God rests!"

Matthew 11:28-30 may hint to us that this is a very true suggestion.
Psalm 46:10 reinforces the hint.
What do you believe?

My Lord Jesus, please help me to live my life as if I believe wholeheartedly that Your Blood works so very much more effectively than my sweat. Help me to place Holy Trusting above human trying. In Your name, I pray. Amen.

IF MY PEOPLE... WILL? I WILL! God's Promise in 2 Chron. 7:14.
Grateful

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen! Hebrews says there remains therefore a rest for the people of God. I want to live in His Rest. jfs

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

LORD, help us to find ourselves in holy hammocks, resting in a right relationship with YOU.

Martin LaBar said...

Holy hammocks? Good phrase.

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

Sadly, many people have forgotten how to rest... :-(