Tuesday, June 29, 2010

How Beautiful The Ugly Cross!

A few years ago I preached a season of campmeeting messages in North Carolina. One of the worship leaders, a young man of God named Jason (who sings like David Crowder) was moved to write some new music following a message I preached titled "In the Cross".

Yes, it was about a year later, while I was speaking at a Carolina Pastors' Gathering on Oak Island, North Carolina when Jason greeted me and humbly gave me a homemade music CD. It was then and there that I learned he had written a new song after the inspiration of that campmeeting message.

Jason's new song warmed my heart and the title has beautifully burned its way into my soul: How Beautiful The Ugly Cross.

Lord, I thank you today that The Beauty of Your Holiness has been extended to me. Talk about Beauty for ashes! I am humbled beyond words.... Yes, I am speechless because of the fulfillment I have found at the foot of the cross -- Your Holy Cross. How Beautiful the Ugly Cross. Thanks Jesus and thanks Jason.

IF MY PEOPLE... WILL? I WILL! God's Promise in 2 Chron. 7:14.
Grateful

2 comments:

Martin LaBar said...

That's a great title. I don't think the cross was nearly as nice looking as it appears in churches.

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

I agree. And how we cherish the old RUGGED Cross.