Friday, June 18, 2010

Empty Hammocks

When was the last time you saw someone actually resting in a hammock? I often take note that too many resting places are empty.

My family gave me a new hammock as my birthday and Father's Day gift this year. If my count is right, I think it's my fourth hammock. I wish I could say I wore all of the previous hammocks out by resting in them, but the truth be told, I may have worn one hammock out resting in it, while the others just plain dry-rotted.

Anyway, next time you see an empty resting place, give yourself permission to occupy it for a while. Take time to exhale.

Come unto Me and I will give you rest.
(Words of Jesus in Matthew 11:28.)

Thank You, Jesus, for being my Resting Place. I want to be a resting place for You, too.

IF MY PEOPLE... WILL? I WILL! God's Promise in 2 Chron. 7:14.
Grateful

2 comments:

Sheila said...

After Last Wed Holy breath of God, I wondered how God would speak to me next. We are leaving for the beach tomorrow. And for the first time in 10 years not anyone is going that I will have to care for with cooking and cleaing. Until I read this blog this morning I was not wanting to go. I knew the Lord had it happen this way for a reason, I just wasn't sure why. This might just be that week of silence with God I was searching for

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

Inhale and exhale in His presence. Be still and know that God is God and that He is your Breath of Life.