Thursday, June 17, 2010

The Holy Breath of God

The Holy Spirit is the Holy Breath of God within our lives. Without the Holy Spirit living within us, we are spiritually dead. Christianity is but a lifeless corpse apart from God the Holy Spirit.

Come, Holy Spirit, I need Thee.
Come, Sweet Spirit, I pray.
Come in Thy strength and Thy power.
Come in Thine own gentle way.

Come, Holy Spirit. Regenerate us. Sanctify us. Be the Holy Breath of Holy God within our eternal souls. In the name of Jesus. Amen.

1 John 3:24b (NLT) -- And we know He lives in us because the Holy Spirit lives in us.

My ministry partner, Joseph, sent these lyrics to me recently:

Breathe on me, Breath of God, fill me with life anew,
that I may love what Thou dost love, and do what Thou wouldst do.

Breathe on me, Breath of God, until my heart is pure,
until with Thee I will one will, to do and to endure.

Breathe on me, Breath of God, till I am wholly Thine,
till all this earthly part of me glows with Thy fire divine.

Breathe on me, Breath of God, so shall I never die,
but live with Thee the perfect life of Thine eternity.

IF MY PEOPLE... WILL? I WILL! God's Promise in 2 Chron. 7:14.
Grateful


No comments: