Tuesday, September 29, 2009

What Does God See When He Looks at Me?

My brother recently asked me, "What's your favorite Clint Nelson song?" Clint Nelson was the music leader at our home church on the little coastal island where we were raised. Clint is one of the most gifted singers and songwriters ever born. You may think I'm biased but if you heard him sing one of his many inspiring songs, you'd agree with my comments about Clint. (Clint is now the senior pastor at that same little church and still is the music leaders as well).

Anyway, when my brother asked me, "What's your favorite Clint Nelson song?", while I have many favorite Clint Nelson songs, I knew immediately the answer to my most favorite one. The heart of the song is: "When He looks at me He only sees the Blood." How powerful those words are to everyone who has found favor with Holy God because of the shed blood of His one and only Son, Jesus Christ, the Sacrifice. As a result of being redeemed, God is satisfied with me, only because When He looks at me He only sees the Blood.

And I will never forget these loving lyrics from another old hymn of the church: What can wash away my sin? NOTHING BUT the blood of Jesus!


ALL JOY!
Grateful

No comments: