Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Are You Weak? He is Strong!

I've come to realize that whatever spiritual independence is, it is not strength. In fact, I know that spiritual independence is in reality weakness in denial. We must not deny that we need God and each other. We especially need God.

Spiritual independence is the entry way to spiritual suicide. Spiritual Independence properly defined is self-centered ego, yes, the very essence of sin. And Romans 6:23 (NKJV) warns us with these 6 words: ...the wages of sin (spiritual independence) is death.

Actually, the words of Jesus in Matthew 5:3 might be properly paraphrased like this: Blessed are (the poor in spirit) those who admit they are spiritually dependent upon the Lord.

2 Corinthians 12:10 (NLT) ends with this declaration of spiritual dependency on God: For when I am weak, then I am strong. In other words, if I declare rather than deny that I am weak, I confess spiritual dependence on God and His strength becomes mine.

The "Jesus Loves Me" children's song says it best:
Little ones to Him belong; they are weak but HE is strong!

And another songwriter said it this way: His strength is perfect when our strength is gone.

Good news! Are You Weak? He is Strong!
In 7 words? Turn from sin. Turn to Him. Totally.

ALL JOY!
Grateful

2 comments:

Martin LaBar said...

"Spiritual independence is the entry way to spiritual suicide" True. It's so easy to try to self-destruct, though.

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

Right and I just want to be the dependent branch connected to the True Vine. John 15. Amen.