Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Is Jesus Really Lord of My Life?

Hear these straight forward words from Jesus in Luke 6:46 (NIV):
Why do you call me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ and do not do what I say?

One of my life mentors, James, reminded me that the Greek definition of the title, Lord, is The Supreme Controller.

So might Jesus actually be asking more plain questions like this in Luke 4:46? Why do you refer to me as the The Supreme Controller of your life, yet refuse to let go of the controls? Why do you call me your King, yet keep yourself on the throne of your life?

Jesus knows the answers to the questions He's asking about who is really Lord in our lives? He doesn't ask us Lordship questions because He doesn't know the answers. He asks us Lordship questions because He's interested in hearing our responses and is lovingly inviting us to really crown Him as Lord, The Supreme Controller, of our lives.

Let's call Him Lord, Lord, because that's Who He really is to us -- The Supreme One in total control of our lives because we have willingly surrendered our all to His Majesty.

ALL JOY!
Grateful

2 comments:

Martin LaBar said...

"Supreme Controller?" Interesting.

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

The Greek. Yep. We don't use the word Lord much these days. "Master" also fits the definition of Lord, of course.