Monday, September 28, 2009

Prayer of Saint Francis for Saint Kathleen

I just received a call that a dear 89-year-old saint, Kathleen, passed from this life to the next. She was a saint, in that she belonged exclusively to God. She was also like a grandmother to our children, always cooking snicker-doodle cookies for them up until she entered the rest home.

Saint Kathleen's favorite prayer was the Prayer attributed to Saint Francis of Assisi. I post it below for the glory of God and as a tribute to His Life in hers:

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light; and...
where there is sadness, joy.

O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console;
to be understood as to understand;
to be loved as to love.
For it is in giving that we receive;
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned; and...
it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.
Amen

See you soon, Kathleen. Thanks for leaving me with a lovely last memory of yourself -- the smile of JESUS glowing from within you. It will inspire me until we meet again.

ALL JOY!
Grateful

2 comments:

Martin LaBar said...

What a way to go!

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

My son will be praying that prayer at saint Kathleen's homegoing celebration today. Pray for him.