Thursday, January 11, 2024

The 23rd Psalm Remix 🛟

This was devotional sent to our district leaders, today: 

The Sailor's 23rd Psalm

I was raised on an island where the sea meets the land. The imagery that inspires me most deeply is ocean imagery. I recently found in my research this sailor's paraphrase of the 23rd Psalm. I hope it encourages you as it does me:

The Lord is my Pilot, I shall not drift.

He guides me across the dark waters.

He steers me through deep channels.

He keeps my log.

Yea, though I sail ‘mid the thunders

and tempests of life,

I shall dread no danger, for He is with me;

His love and His care, shelter me.

He prepares a quiet harbor before me.

He anoints the waves with oil.

My ship rides calmly.

Surely sunlight and starlight

shall guide me on the voyage I take,

And I will rest in Heaven's port forever.

Peace… Be Still.

And maybe it’s been a while since you saturated in the actual 23rd Psalm, so here it is as well:

PSALM 23 A Psalm of David

THE LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. 2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: He leadeth me beside the still waters. 3 He restoreth my soul: He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for His name's sake. 4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for Thou art with me; Thy rod and Thy staff they comfort me. 5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: Thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. 6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever. [KJV]

His… Presence Matters Most!

Pastor Kerry Willis,

No comments: