Thursday, December 21, 2023

A New Psalm — By the Sea 

Today, Krystal, the precious mother of a dear college student named Becca, sent me her daughter’s new Psalm written at a spiritual retreat. It touched me deeply and i believe sharing it here will be a blessing to many.

A Psalm by the Sea

by Becca Yount December 10, 2023

“Father, oh so great is Your love.

As the ripples of current sweep upon the softest of sand, so does Your love cover my being.

You have known me.

Even the waves obey Your commands; how could I not as well? And yet, I am gifted the choice to obey.

My response, dearest Jesus, is take it all. Let not myself stand in the way, but remove my foolish heart, and create in me anew.

Just as the bird sways through the air, the wind steers the ship, and the sand is pulled from its rest, Lord, uproot my traditions, religions, and self-centered convictions.

Purify me as You do the salt water to the fresh.

May others drink of me, and only say that it ‘twas by Heaven alone.

Search me, O God, and know me.

Teach me to listen to Your voice as I know my own.”

Amen and Amen. 

Pastor Kerry Willis 

No comments: