Thursday, April 27, 2023

Hungry for His Holiness 

Hungry For The Beauty of His Holiness

Indeed, the Beauty of God's Holiness is what i am hungry for, so i am feeding on these verses from The Holy Scriptures these days:

Give to the Lord the glory His name deserves. Bring an offering, and come to Him. Worship the Lord in His holy splendor.

 -- 1 Chronicles 16:29 (GWT)

Give to the Lord the glory His name deserves. Worship the Lord in His holy splendor.

 -- Psalm 29:2 (GWT)

Worship the Lord in His holy splendor. Tremble in His presence, all the earth!

 -- Psalm 96:9 (GWT)

Give to the Lord the glory due His name; Bring an offering, and come before Him. Oh, worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness!

 -- 1 Chronicles 16:29 (NKJV)

Give unto the LORD the glory due to His name; Worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness.

 -- Psalm 29:2 (NKJV)

Oh, worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness! Tremble before Him, all the earth.

 -- Psalm 96:9 (NKJV)

 Also, the lyrics of this song, “Hunger for Holiness,” makes for a powerful prayer:

 There's a silent war that's raging deep within me

My lower nature fights to dominate

 My spirit man is poised and locked in battle

 With the carnal side of me I've grown to hate.

The trumpet of my prayers plays toward Heaven

 A voice of desperation in my cry

 Lord, strengthen me that I might not yield myself to sin

 But keep Your righteous banner lifted high.

Lord, I hunger for holiness

 And I thirst for the righteousness that's Yours

 That my mind would be cleansed

 And my spirit renewed

 And this temple that You dwell in would be pure.

The tempter stalks about me as a lion

 Searching for the slightest scent of blood

 For when the skin of my resistance is broken

 He moves in swiftly to deepen the cut.

Oh, Lord of all Creation, hear Your servant

 You understand the weaknesses of man.

 I'm counting myself crucified with Jesus

 Alive to Christ and dead indeed to sin.

Lord, I hunger for holiness

 And I thirst for the righteousness that's Yours

 That my mind would be cleansed

 And my spirit renewed

 And this temple that You dwell in would be pure.

Songwriter: Carman Licciardellog

Worship the Lord in the Beauty of His Holiness! Amen!

 Pastor Kerry Willis 



No comments: