Sunday, December 25, 2022

"The Boy Brings Joy" Reprise from Christmas 2012 

Blessed Christmas Day to us everyone. Amen. 

"The Boy Brings Joy"

[Written December 2012] 

Pastor Kerry Willis 

 "...good news of great joy .. for all the people..." Luke 2:10 (NIV)

Don't you agree that December has the most joy-filled music of any month in the year? This year alone I bought three new Christmas

Music CDs and my vehicle stereo is locked-in on an all-Christmas-music-playing radio station. My daughter loves to laugh at me because most years I start playing my Christmas music collection in the summertime.

A few years ago, I purchased an acoustic guitar. I'm far from an accomplished musician, but I am an avid music lover. Several Decembers ago, I chose my favorite key of G and wrote some lyrics of love to sing to my Lord during Christmastime and all the time. After I ran out of my own words, I inserted a couple of lines from a 1970's Three Dog Night tune. Try it out for yourself. I think you'll agree that the simple arrangement works profoundly:

"Oh what a night, when the King of Kings was born.

He's still the reason, we cheer on Christmas morn.

God gave His Son, His One and only One.

Let us sing for joy, because of Mary's baby Boy.

Yes, the Boy brings joy. I said, "The Boy brings joy."

Oh, the Boy brings joy. Mary's bouncing baby Boy! 

Singing, joy to the world - all the boys and girls, now.

Joy to the fishes in the deep blue sea. Joy to you and me!"

Thanks God for giving to us your Bethlehem Boy and His beautiful joy! Amen!  

Blessed Christmas Day! HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESUS!

Pastor Kerry Willis 

No comments: