Friday, April 1, 2022

On Disowning Jesus / A Prayer

On the night our Lord was arrested, Simon Peter thought his devotion to Jesus was enough to keep him from denying Jesus. However, he did, in fact, deny his Lord and not just once but three times. In so doing Simon Peter disowned Jesus as well.

Matthew 26:34 [NKJV] records what Jesus said Simon Peter would do before he did it: Jesus said to him "Assuredly, I say to you that this night before the rooster crows, you will deny me three times." 

Lord Jesus, You prophesied what Simon Peter would do, nevertheless, You also prayed for him: "Simon, Simon, Satan has asked to sift each of you like wheat. But I have pleaded in prayer for you, Simon, that your faith should not fail. So when you have repented and turned to me again, strengthen your brothers." Luke‬ ‭22:31-32‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Lord Jesus, i pray i will never disown You. Let Your Holy Spirit keep my feet from slipping towards denying, disowning, and betraying You. In my own strength i am no stronger than Simon Peter was. i surrender my human trying for wholly trusting in You alone to hold me fast -- for forever and today -- in unbroken communion with You. Amen. 

With gladness.

Pastor Kerry Willis 

No comments: