Thursday, April 8, 2021

Not One of Us Have Time to Pray, Nevertheless...

"None of us have time to pray, nevertheless, it is up to us to take time from other important happenings in our own lives so that we might begin to know how truly essential taking time for prayer really is.

And if we will pray, we will find unity with our Lord’s perspective concerning the needs of other people. God expects us to seek with all of our hearts until we find His interests in the lives of others and intercessory prayer alone makes these desires of His real to us. 

To join our Lord in intercessory, fervent, prayer [yes, to pray from God’s vantage point for others] is one sure way we know Him more intimately because to do so is to enter His deepest sufferings." -kww

Now, saturate in these words from the Holy Scriptures: 

"God called you to endure suffering because Christ suffered for you. He left you an example so that you could follow in His footsteps." ‭‭1 Peter‬ ‭2:21‬ ‭GW‬‬

"Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith; that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death, if, by any means, I may attain to the resurrection from the dead." Philippians‬ ‭3:8-11‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

“Now I rejoice in my sufferings on your behalf. And with my own body I supplement whatever is lacking [on our part] of Christ’s afflictions, on behalf of His body, which is the church. In this church I was made a minister according to the stewardship which God entrusted to me for your sake, so that I might make the word of God fully known [among you]— that is, the mystery which was hidden [from angels and mankind] for ages and generations, but has now been revealed to His saints (God’s people). God [in His eternal plan] chose to make known to them how great for the Gentiles are the riches of the glory of this mystery, which is Christ in and among you, the hope and guarantee of [realizing the] glory.” Colossians‬ ‭1:24-27‬ ‭AMP‬‬

Simply trust.

Pastor Kerry Willis 

No comments: