Saturday, December 1, 2018

First Weekend of December

Every first weekend of December for the past 30 or so years, I have been blessed to return to my native Harkers Island, North Carolina, to bring The Good News at the Waterfowl Weekend Christmas Worship Service. It is a humbling privilege for me to be invited again this year to inspire the hearts of these dear people that have loved me all of my life. 

Sunday I will speak three times. First, to the Boy Scouts at 7:15am, then at the 8am Christmas Service, and finally at 2pm at an all community celebration. I pray that Christ in me will be the Hope of the hearers. 

Here are some images from my Weekend so far...


Sailboat at rest after Hurricane Florence 


More hurricane debris 


This year’s logo for the poster and PR, a Kingfisher 


At the decoy auction with my friend who’s like a brother, Richard, who now lives in Granny’s house


Mr. Ronnie Wade, renoun carver from Knotts Island, gave me this life-size preening swan as a gift of friendship. Virginia, a friend, and Susan, his wife, have been so kind to me through the years. Virginia’s dear husband, my friend, Mr. Charlie, passed this year. 


Miniature decoys being judged — an Old Squaw and a Northern Shoveler.


Life-size decorative decoys bring judged. The hooded merganser took first place.


Steamed oysters for supper, Sanitary Resraurant 


A painting in the restaurant looked a lot like Dad’s boat.


Kim helped Mom decorate her tree 


Old Saint Nicolas and I got a selfie. Glad I’ve been good. 

Presence Matters Most!
That is... Presence. Unity. Souls. Love. 

Pastor Kerry Willis 















No comments: