Monday, April 14, 2014

Passion Week Snapshot #1

During this heart-wrenching week that we remember The Passion of our Lord Jesus, snapshots from the Holy Scriptures give us a look at His life during the last days that led up to His death and resurrection.

Here's one such Passion Week snapshot:

"Looking up, Jesus saw people, especially the rich, dropping their gifts into the temple offering box. He noticed a poor widow drop in two small coins. He said, 'I can guarantee this truth: This poor widow has given more than all the others. All of these people have given what they could spare. But she, in her poverty, has given everything she had to live on.'” (Luke 21:1-4 GWT)

Grateful 

2 comments:

KLW said...

Jesus and the twelve were pilgrims in Jerusalem to celebrate Passover. I can only imagine the sigh of relieve when they finally gathered at the table, everything located, prepared and ready. Now they could start into the familiar litergy they had all practiced since childhoodIn the middle of this very traditional and predictable meal, Jesus changed everything. In essence he said, “I am the lamb you’ve been looking for. I will be slain. I will provide life and deliverance. Feast on me. I will give you nourishment for an amazing journey. I AM THE LAMB!” When you celebrate the Lord’s Supper this week remember our connection to God’s people goes back 5,000 years. The Lamb that brought life, deliverance, freedom, and strength – still does.
Darrel Harvey

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

Beautiful thoughts.