Tuesday, July 16, 2013

The Sparrow on My Shoulder

Last evening as I began my Monday night message at Table Rock Campmeeting in the mountains of South Carolina, a sparrow flew into the open-air tabernacle and lit on my shoulder. At that very moment I was praying for the people to receive their inheritance of intimacy from God. It was amazing. I stopped my prayer and said with joy, "A bird is on my shoulder!" The people's hearts and the preacher's heart were wonderfully warmed. 

After about 30 seconds of posing on my shoulder, the sparrow flew to the corner of the tabernacle and I resumed praying with fresh anointing.

Thirty minutes later, the altars were lined with seekers claiming their inheritance invitation offered by Jesus in Matthew 11:28 and John 15:4. A truly beautiful sight.

And would you believe a man in the congregation came up at the end laughing and saying, "The bird never left the tabernacle. He stuck around to hear the preaching."

When that sparrow landed on my shoulder, I cannot explain what it did to my soul. All I could think about was when Jesus was baptized and the dove descended on Him. I was not worthy of a dove, but one thing is for sure: "His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me."

Humbled, Indeed... And...
Grateful... Very...
i am kerry 

No comments: