Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Will You Surrender to God the Rest of Your Life?

Last evening I concluded preaching at a student mission camp in Gloucester, Virginia, USA, called "Helping Hands." For a week, 100 students or so volunteer to help the disadvantaged in their community with needed projects ranging from interior painting to yard work.

For three of the camp's evening worship services, I was given the opportunity to share with these precious young souls and their wonderful adult leaders, too. The theme of the camp this year was "Living Sacrifices." I spoke specifically on the destiny, demonstration, and devotion of servant leadership.

After speaking last evening on the perfect prayer of Jesus in Gethsemane, "Not my will but thine be done", I invited the students and leaders to kneel in prayer at the altar. Between 30 and 40 came forward without any pressure whatsoever. They came to surrender to God the trajectory of the rest of their lives to whatever He wants. Many came to me one-on-one after the altar service with tears in their eyes and gratitude for the invitation. One thirteen-year-old named Julia said, "I sense the presence of the Lord in this place." She cried tender tears of gratitude as I affirmed her very true testimony.

This is the song that preceded and followed my message -- "Give Me Faith." As you listen, I ask, "Have you surrendered to God the trajectory of the rest of your life for whatever He wants? Will you?"

Verse 1:
I need You to soften my heart
To break me apart
I need You to open my eyes
To see that You're shaping my life

Pre-Chorus:
All I am, I surrender

Chorus:
Give me faith to trust what You say
That You're good and Your love is great
I'm broken inside, I give You my life

Verse 2:
I need You to soften my heart
To break me apart
I need You to pierce through the dark
And cleanse every part of me

Chorus Bridge:
I may be weak
But Your Spirit's strong in me
My flesh may fail
My God You never will

Click here: Give Me Faith - YouTube

In the hands of God, I will be a grape, not a marble.
Grateful

3 comments:

KLW said...

The rewards that God will bestow upon you for faithfully working
for Him down here on this earth will be heavenly rewards that will
last you for all of eternity. All of the things that you try and
accomplish on your own, out of your own flesh, will in no way be
rewarded anywhere near to what they would have been had you
been operating under God’s perfect will for your life

Anonymous said...

Pray for Isreal.......Outrage in the Knesset: MKs from different factions were shocked today to receive in their mail at the Knesset copies of the New Testament Bible. The Christian holy book was sent to all members of the Israeli legislature (Knesset) with a blessing.

The New Testaments were sent by Viktor Kalish, director of the group, "Holy Scripture in Israel," which specializes in distributing Christian religious texts. The shipment caused an uproar in the Israeli Knesset and MK Michael Ben Ari of the National Union Party tore the New Testament apart and threw it in the trash.

MK Tzipi Hotovely of the Likud Party announced that the Chairman of the Knesset will prevent the spread of Chrisrtian missionary literature in the Knesset: "it is forbidden to deliver to the Knesset missionary materials," she said.

You deleted my last comment about zionism. Probably never looked at the sites either. There's a difference between jew and zionist jew. You will most likely ignore this as anti-semitism which it is not.

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

I often delete anonymous comments... nothing personal... And I pray for the peace of Jerusalem. Shalom to you and Shukran.