Friday, September 3, 2010

A Grateful Heart

It has been suggested that Satan's seeds of despair cannot thrive in a heart that is always overflowing with gratitude.

A few years ago, I cried out loudly to the Lord: Your name if Faithful and my name is Grateful! The suggestion above gives me a whole new perspective as to why my soul may have actually cried out loud to the Lord so specifically -- My name is Grateful.

Truly, my soul sings aloud with the songwriter who penned these words of praise: Give thanks with a grateful heart...

An old out-of-print version of the Holy Bible translates a portion of 1 Chronicles 9:33 like this: Employed to sing both day and night. (Remember Paul and Silas prayed and sang praises to the Lord at midnight. Acts 16.)

What do you think?

IF MY PEOPLE... WILL? I WILL! God's Promise in 2 Chron. 7:14.
Grateful

2 comments:

KLW said...

Pastor Willis: I read this morning and just can't get it out of my head. So I'm going to share it with you.
God never sends you out alone. Are you on the eve of change? Do you find yourself looking into a new chapter? Is the foliage of your world showing signs of a new season? Heaven's message for you is clear: when everything else changes, God's presence never does. You journey in the company of the Holy Spirit, who "will teach you everything and will remind you of everything I have told you" (John 14:26 NLT).
Max Lucado
Bless You my friend in the name of Jesus!

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

Wonderful words. What a promise. He will never leave us comfortless. The Comforter has come. He is here! Hallelujah! ALL JOY!