Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Look At The Birds!

Seven words in Psalm 50:11 (NIV) speak powerfully to me about our God's compassionate attention to His Creation: I know every bird in the mountains...

Jesus then says in Luke 12:24 (NIV): And you are far more valuable to Him than any birds!

Lord, I pray that we would trust You like the birds do. You challenge us to have confidence in You with these words You spoke in Matthew 6:26: "Look at the birds! They don’t worry about what to eat—they don’t need to sow or reap or store up food—for your Heavenly Father feeds them."

Like the birds, Lord, let our lives be characterized by worship, not worry. We should not dwell in sorrow, but we should instead sing of Your love forever. Amen.

ALL... JOY TO YOUR WORLD!
Grateful (P.S. Added Later in the Day Below)

P.S. This morning after I wrote and posted this blog entry, I sadly found a frozen mourning dove in the midst of black-oil sunflower seed that I keep plentiful in my yard for my winged-friends. I buried the beautiful bird in the ground underneath the snow at the foot of the Manger in our outdoor Nativity Scene. (Because I know the symbolism of a dove in the Bible and because I know that God's Son was born to die, burying the breathless, beautiful dove was a very deep and agonizing moving experience for me.) Still, it was an amazing experience for me,too, in that I had just read Psalm 50:11 late last evening. Think about it: The God I love, knew this dove. When the dove died, I can vouch that it was not hungry, but when it breathed its last breath, our compassionate Creator God cared. And how much more valuable are we than birds. An inspiring illustration for my soul.

4 comments:

James Spruill said...

Amen!! Amen!! Amen!! The Birds sing His song.

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

I knew you would love that verse in Psalm 50:11, James. Thanks for teaching me to know how much God loves me by "looking at the birds He knows."

James Spruill said...

Thanks, my heart is touched. There are no greater lessons than life lessons.
Ro 8:21 because the creation itself also will be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

He will not destroy His own creation. Renew but not destroy. What hope for Tramp and Oreo.

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

Your words warm my heart as always. God is love and you are loved.