Thursday, July 16, 2020

Pray All the Time -- Plus a Spontaneous Prayer

The Apostle Paul wrote these timeless words to the church at Thessalonica: "Pray without ceasing." One translation says it this way: "Pray all the time." [1 Thess. 5:17]

The longer i walk with the Lord, the more aware i become of what a loving gift from God prayer really is. What i mean is, the further i journey with Jesus, the more aware i am that prayer supplies holy breath to my heart, mind, soul, and strength. It seems i am always leaning into a two-way, prayerful conversation with Jesus. Sometimes i talk more; other times i tend to just listen or heighten my awareness waiting for Him to speak.

My second prayer walk today was particularly priceless as i prayed aloud. i sensed i was really able to articulate in whispered words my true love and great debt and deep gratitude to my King for Who He is and for all He’s done and continues to do in my life. i was so glad i could let Him know in a very vulnerable way how He alone really is Everything to me, even my very Life and Eternal Life.

I’d like to interrupt this blog entry now by praying:

Lord, i love you above all else.

You are Pure Love. You are my Life.

i am forever overflowing with humility because of Your goodness towards me.

As i love back across the days of my life, i see Your enduring mercy and amazing grace.

Even in those seasons that i needed Your dIscipline, You did not despise me but only deepened Your devotion for me.

i live day-to-day to hear Your voice and i long for that day when Your face, my eyes will embrace. 

i want You to speak Your words of life to me and through me. Upon entering Your presence, i desire to present you with an overflowing bouquet of never-dying souls that i have pointed to You over my short earthly lifetime.

During these days of uncertainty, i rejoice because i know You are still the only certainty i need.

Thanks for really proving You care by gifting me with relational prayer. Remind, me, Lord, to "pray all the time" until time gives way to forever.

Find faith in me, Jesus until You return and when You return. 

Grant that i will know You more and more intimately, knowing You will return sooner or later or even immediately. 

In the Name that’s high above every other name -- Jesus, The Nazarene!

Amen. Amen. And Amen!

Hope Happens Here!

Presence Matters Most!

No Invisible People! UNITY!

Pastor Kerry Willis



No comments: