Sunday, July 12, 2015

"I'm Tender..."

It's Sunday evening and this has been a wonderful day in The Lord. I was blessed to preach three times today on "The Presence of The Holy Spirit" -- Who is with and within us always -- meaning we are not alone when we say "Yes" to God's Call on our lives.

I also enjoyed life together with some of God's most precious people at two picnics today -- lunch and supper. Both gatherings were beautiful in delightfully different ways. 

Today, has also been a tender day in my heart and mind. I am not totally sure why, but it's real. Indeed, my heart aches for other brothers and sisters who are mourning great losses in their personal lives, so this is part of my tenderness, I am sure. But it seems to go deeper still. More personal perhaps. 

I don't need to know how to explain the tenderness deep within, but saying it outloud on my blog seems right. I am glad I am capable of tenderness. I think it's a good thing and a God-thing. 

Part of this present tenderness probably has to do with my human inability to communicate completely to others the deepest holy thoughts on my mind -- yes, I suppose they are too grand for total explanation.

Anyway, that is where I am as this Sunday closes. I don't fear being vulnerable. I fear not being vulnerable.

Ask me how I am on the evening of this 12th day of July, 2015, and I have only one answer: "I'm tender". 

It's all good. Even Jesus wept; so even if my holy tenderness gives way to human tears, I will likely go from saying it's all good to it's all gooder. :)

I encourage you to...

...Give away your life... To Holy Father God, Who cared enough about us to give us His never-ending Presence to be with us for forever -- yes, He gave us His Only Beloved Son to suffer for us and His Tender Holy Spirit to suffer with us.

Grateful

P.S. And yes, July 19th coming up this week, would have been my Dad's 75th birthday. That surely plays a part in my current tender status. I miss him, a lot.

(Click on image below for full-view.)



No comments: