Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Build Right, Not Quick

To really know me, is to know this about me: I really love old devotional classics. Yes, some people prefer newly written books, but I thrive on the older writings penned literally by proven authors who have already finished this life well and have by the reliable, eye-witness testimony of others made their way Home to be with The Lord.

So, my post for today is taken from a book compiled by D.L. Moody around the year 1900. My heart was so affirmed and warmed at these words he had written down from a Joseph Parker:

"Our business is not to build quickly, but to build upon a right foundation, and in a right spirit. Life is more than a mere competition as between man and man; it is not who can be done first, but who can work best; it is not who can rise highest in the shortest time, but who is working most patiently and lovingly in accordance with the designs of God."

1 Corinthians 3:10 -- "Each person must be careful how he/she builds." (GWT)

Give away your life... To The Designs of God!

Grateful      

No comments: